B10:35
Yesterday I had to tell a customer about a policy change.
昨天我得告诉一位客户政策变动的事。
She was not happy when I said the old price no longer applied.
当我说旧价格不再适用时,她很不高兴。
I started with, 'I wish I had better news.'
我开口说:“我希望有好消息。”
That gave her a moment to prepare herself.
这让她有个心理准备。
Then I explained the new rules in simple words.
然后我用简单的话解释了新规定。
I said, 'I know that is frustrating.'
我说:“我知道这让人沮丧。”
Her face relaxed a little when I said that.
听我这么说,她的脸色缓和了一些。
Next, I offered what I could do.
接着,我提出我能做什么。
I said, 'Here is what I can do instead.'
我说:“这是我能做到的替代方案。”
I gave her a small discount for one month.
我给了她一个月的折扣。
She appreciated that I listened to her.
她感激我听了她的想法。
In the end, she agreed to stay with us.
最后,她同意继续用我们的服务。
鹏
Looking back on a tough policy talk with a customer
by @peng_61