A20:43
I needed to tell a customer a policy she did not like.
我需要告诉一位客户一个她不喜欢的规定。
I started by saying, 'I wish I had better news.'
我一开始就说:‘我希望我有更好的消息。’
She looked upset, and I understood.
她看起来很不安,我理解。
I paused and let her feel her feelings.
我停顿了一下,让她感受自己的情绪。
Then I said, 'I know that is frustrating.'
然后我说:‘我知道这很令人沮丧。’
I explained the policy simply.
我简单地解释了规定。
I did not use big words.
我没有用大词。
After that, I said, 'Here is what I can do instead.'
之后,我说:‘这是我可以替代做的。’
I offered her a different option.
我给了她一个不同的选择。
Her face changed a little.
她的脸色稍微变了。
She saw that I wanted to help.
她看到我想帮忙。
In the end, she said, 'Okay, thank you.'
最后,她说:‘好的,谢谢你。’
美玲
Explaining a Policy with Empathy
by @meiling_46