Spikdi
B10:42
B10:42
I used to think teaching was one-way.
我以前觉得教学是单向的。
But a child showed me otherwise today.
但今天一个孩子让我明白了另一面。
In the hospital, I was busy with emails.
在医院里,我忙着回邮件。
A little patient asked me a simple question.
一个小病人问了我一个简单的问题。
She asked, 'Why are you frowning at that screen?'
她问:“你为什么对着屏幕皱眉?”
Her words stopped me in my tracks.
她的话让我停住了。
I realized I had forgotten to smile.
我意识到我忘了微笑。
She taught me to see the person, not just the task.
她教会我看到人,而不是任务。
That email could wait; her trust could not.
那封邮件可以等,她的信任不能等。
I put down my phone and listened to her story.
我放下手机,听她讲故事。
Her laughter filled the room with hope.
她的笑声让房间充满希望。
Now I check my emails with a kinder heart.
现在我用更温暖的心去回邮件。
雨萌
The Small Teacher
by @yumenghere