B10:40
Tonight, I feel that little knot in my chest again.
今晚,我又感到胸口那个小疙瘩。
Tomorrow, I will serve tables at a new place.
明天,我要在一个新地方端盘子。
My hands remember the old mistakes, clumsy and loud.
我的手还记得老错误,笨拙又大声。
But the door is open, and the light spills out.
但门开着,光洒出来。
I take one step, then another, into the warm hum.
我迈一步,再一步,走进温暖嗡嗡声。
The fear is a small pebble in my shoe.
恐惧是我鞋里的小石子。
I can walk with it, and I will.
我可以带着它走,我会的。
Every good server once dropped a tray.
每个好服务员都掉过托盘。
They picked up the pieces and smiled.
他们捡起碎片,微笑。
I am learning that kind of brave.
我在学那种勇敢。
So I will tie my apron and say yes.
所以我会系上围裙,说好。
The knot loosens, and hope fills the space.
疙瘩松开,希望填满空间。
The Small Fear Before Trying Again
by @jianguo_52