B10:53
I press my forehead against the cold window.
我把额头贴在冰冷的窗户上。
The city shrinks into a patchwork of lights.
城市缩小成一片片灯光。
My laptop is off, and my phone is silent.
笔记本电脑关了,手机也安静了。
For once, I am not needed anywhere.
这一次,我哪儿都不需要被用到。
Work used to fill every empty space.
工作曾经填满每个空隙。
Now I see rivers like silver ribbons.
现在我看到河流像银色的带子。
They curve without caring about my deadlines.
它们蜿蜒着,不在乎我的截止日期。
This distance puts things in order.
这种距离让事情变得有序。
My worries are small from up here.
从这么高的地方看,我的烦恼很小。
I am just a passenger, and that is enough.
我只是一个乘客,这样就够了。
The clouds take on shapes of their own.
云有它们自己的形状。
I let my thoughts drift like the wings.
我让思绪像机翼一样飘移。
Looking Down from the Window Seat
by @ziqing30