Spikdi
A2–B10:41
A2–B10:41
Last week, I had to tell my manager the release would slip.
上周,我不得不告诉经理发布要延期了。
She is not technical, so I kept it simple.
她不懂技术,所以我讲得很简单。
I said, "To give you some context, the new feature needs more testing."
我说:“给你一些背景,新功能需要更多测试。”
I explained that we found a problem with the payment part.
我解释我们发现了支付部分的问题。
I said, "I would rather push it to Monday than ship it broken."
我说:“我宁愿推迟到周一,也不愿带病上线。”
She asked if we could keep the old date.
她问我们能不能保持原来的日期。
I told her, "The risk if we rush is that customers see errors."
我告诉她:“如果我们赶,风险是客户看到错误。”
She nodded and said she understood.
她点头说她明白了。
I felt relieved because I was honest.
我感到轻松,因为我说了实话。
Next time, I will do the same.
下次,我还会这样做。
Being clear beats being vague.
清楚比含糊好。
And that is how I handled the delay.
这就是我处理延期的方式。
Explaining a Delay in Plain Words
by @wei_stories