B10:36
Last week, I had to negotiate a deadline change.
上周,我需要协商一个截止日期的变更。
The client wanted the project two days earlier.
客户希望项目提前两天完成。
I knew that was too tight for my team.
我知道这对我的团队来说太紧了。
I said, 'If I can move the launch to Friday, could you accept a shorter report?'
我说:“如果我能把发布提前到周五,你能接受一份更短的报告吗?”
She thought for a moment and agreed.
她想了想,同意了。
I wanted this to work for both of us.
我希望这对我们双方都有利。
So I looked for where there was room to move.
所以我寻找了可以变通的地方。
In the end, we each gave up something small.
最后,我们各自放弃了一些小东西。
She got her early date, and I kept my team's sanity.
她得到了提前的日期,我保住了团队的理智。
Afterwards, I felt quietly proud.
事后,我暗自感到自豪。
It wasn't a big win, but it was fair.
这不是一个大胜利,但很公平。
That's the kind of negotiation I like.
这就是我喜欢的那种谈判。
A Small Win for Both Sides
by @tianyu89