B10:36
My aunt called me after she heard the news.
我姑姑听到消息后给我打了电话。
She sounded nervous, so I kept my voice steady.
她听起来很紧张,所以我保持语气平稳。
I said, “Here is where things stand right now.”
我说:“现在的情况是这样的。”
I gave her the facts without hiding the hard parts.
我告诉她事实,没有隐瞒困难的部分。
She asked if the project was in danger.
她问项目是否有危险。
I said, “What we are watching for is the next review.”
我说:“我们关注的是下一次审查。”
That gave her something clear to hold on to.
那给了她一个清晰的方向。
I told her, “You can ask me anything later.”
我告诉她:“你以后可以问我任何问题。”
She relaxed a little and said thank you.
她稍微放松了,说了谢谢。
I learned that honesty can be kind.
我明白了诚实也可以是温柔的。
Being clear helped her trust me more.
清晰表达让她更信任我。
I will use this style again at work.
我以后在工作中也会用这种方式。
Giving an Honest Update to a Worried Family Member
by @xue_50