B10:34
A customer called, very upset about a late delivery.
一个客户打电话来,对送货延迟非常生气。
I took a breath and said, 'I am really sorry this happened.'
我深吸一口气,说:“发生这种事,真的很抱歉。”
I did not try to explain or defend us.
我没有试图解释或为自己辩护。
I just let them know I heard them.
我只是让他们知道,我听到了他们的不满。
Then I said, 'Let me make this right for you.'
然后我说:“让我为您解决这个问题。”
The tone on the other end shifted immediately.
电话那头的语气立刻缓和了。
They started working with me instead of against me.
他们开始和我合作,而不是对抗我。
I checked our system and found the problem.
我查了系统,找到了问题所在。
I told them exactly what went wrong.
我如实告诉他们哪里出了错。
I promised a new delivery by tomorrow morning.
我保证明天早上之前重新送货。
They thanked me and said they appreciated my honesty.
他们感谢了我,说很欣赏我的诚实。
I learned that a real sorry comes before a fix.
我明白了,真正的道歉要先于解决方法。
Reflecting on an honest apology that turned a complaint around
by @minghui_here