Spikdi
A20:36
A20:36
Yesterday I had to tell my boss we will miss the deadline.
昨天我不得不告诉老板我们会错过截止日期。
She is not technical, so I kept it very simple.
她不懂技术,所以我讲得非常简单。
I said, 'To give you some context, we found a problem.'
我说,‘给你一些背景,我们发现了一个问题。’
I explained that fixing it takes more time.
我解释说修复它需要更多时间。
I told her, 'I would rather push it to next Monday.'
我告诉她,‘我更愿意推迟到下周一。’
I said the risk if we rush is that users face errors.
我说如果我们赶工的风险是用户会遇到错误。
She asked, 'Is Monday a sure date?'
她问,‘周一是确定的日期吗?’
I said yes, because we already know the fix.
我说是的,因为我们已经知道怎么修复。
She agreed and said she appreciated the honesty.
她同意了,并说她欣赏我的诚实。
I felt nervous, but it went well.
我有点紧张,但结果不错。
Now I know that clear words build trust.
现在我知道清晰的表达建立信任。
I will use this lesson for future talks.
我会用这个经验应对未来的谈话。
Explaining a Release Delay in Simple Words
by @jianguo_52