B10:39
My client wanted faster delivery than I could promise.
我的客户想要比我能承诺的更快的交货。
I explained our production schedule was full this month.
我解释说我们本月的生产计划已经排满了。
She asked if we could split the order into two parts.
她问我们能否把订单分成两部分。
That gave me an idea to make both sides happy.
这让我想到了一个让双方都满意的办法。
I said, "If I can ship half early, could you accept the rest later?"
我说:“如果我能提前发一半,你能接受剩下的晚点吗?”
She thought about it and agreed to the plan.
她想了想,同意了那个方案。
We both got something we wanted in the end.
最后我们双方都得到了想要的东西。
I want this to work for both of us, I told her.
我告诉她,我希望这对我们双方都有利。
She appreciated that I looked for a middle ground.
她很感激我找到了一个折中方案。
Where is there room to move on your side? I asked.
我问:“你那边有什么可以调整的空间吗?”
Negotiating a Fair Deal for Both Sides
by @jiayisays